EMJM PROMISE is particularly suited for graduates in mineral processing, metallurgical engineering, chemical engineering, materials and mineral resources engineering, earth resources engineering, raw materials and process engineering, mining and mineral engineering, mining engineering, geological engineering, related process engineering, raw materials engineers, materials and rock waste treatment engineering, or related engineering fields, with a minimum BSc degree at the moment of application.
- Certified original copy of university bachelor’s degree diploma (translated to English);
- Certified copy of Transcript of Records (translated to English) and originals (subject courses correspondent to the degree, along with the marks obtained and the number of hours/credits devoted to each subject);
- Proof of nationality (copy of passport or ID-card);
- Motivation letter;
- Recommendation letters (one compulsory and one optional);
- A scanned certificate of English proficiency (see below the requirements);
- Curriculum vitae in EuroPass format (see link https://europa.eu/europass/en) with your photo on the first page.
All documents need to be in English. Translations (diploma and transcript) need to be either certified (by your university) or legalised. Only the selected applicants must bring the original documents to be presented to the university during the first week of the study period.
We do not review documents sent by e-mail, so please ensure to apply via the online application portal.
Applications submitted after the deadline or applications submitted outside the PROMISE official submission tool will not be considered.
Requirement on Transcript of Records
Whilst other courses relevant to mineral processing are beneficial in assessing your application, one compulsory subject is mathematics. If this is not included in your transcript, then your application will not be considered in the evaluation procedure.
English language requirements
Any of the entries in the following list qualifies for a valid application.
Note: The list is exhaustive, no other certificates will be accepted.
Note: Even if your language of education was English throughout, you need to provide either one of the certificates listed below or a degree according to the last bullet in this list.
- TOEFL iBT or iBT Special Home Edition: total score of 92 points minimum: Listening 20, Reading 20, Speaking 19, Writing 20). Valid for two years.
- TOEFL pBT (minimum total score 570). Valid for two years.
- IELTS Academic or Indicator: overall band score of at least 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each section). Valid for two years.
- PTE Academic: minimum score 62 (at least 52 in Writing section). Valid for two years.
- C1 Advanced (former Cambridge English: Advanced, CAE) Pass Level A, B, C. No expiry date.
- C2 Proficiency (former Cambridge English: Proficiency, CPE) Pass Level A, B, C or C1. No expiry date.
- Degrees in English: the degree must have been completed in a university of any of the following countries: EU/EEA, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, New Zealand, or the United States. Online degrees and offshore campuses do not qualify.
If you are in doubt, please read the FAQ before sending a message. Most probably you will find your answer there already!